MONALISA TOUCH® INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL PRE & POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
The MonaLisa Touch® Laser stimulates new collagen production which helps to promote improved vaginal and vulvar health.
- Shower or bathe the morning of treatment so that the area to be treated is clean.
- Dress in loose fitting pants and cotton underwear on the day of treatment.
- You will be asked to empty your bladder immediately prior to being taken to treatment room.
- Procedures will be explained and consent forms will be signed.
- You will then undress from the waist down.
- A topical anesthetic cream will be applied in the opening of the vagina and on the vulvar area prior to the laser treatment.
- Please bring a book or something to read while you relax and rest for 30-minutes to give the topical anesthetic time to numb the area.
- If you feel like you need to empty your bladder again, please let us know prior to starting the procedure. Your bladder should be empty.
- You, as well as everyone in the room, will then wear protective eyewear provided to prevent eye damage while the laser is in use.
- The internal laser will be performed first; it takes 3-5 minutes to complete. You should expect minimal discomfort. Most of the discomfort is caused from initially inserting the probe into the vagina.
- The external laser will be performed next; it takes 3-5 minutes to complete. You should expect minimal discomfort. If you have discomfort, Dr. Duplantier will apply Dermoplast to numb the area again.
- Most patients resume normal activity, as tolerated, immediately after procedure.
- Skin may feel sensitive and may be red and swollen and treated area may be itchy.
- Use cold compresses or cold gel packs (20 minutes on; then 20 minutes off) as needed for swelling and discomfort.(at least 2 times within 24 hours of treatment)
- Wait 1 day before taking a shower or bath; avoid using hot water on the treated area until the healing is complete.
- Keep area moist by applying Vaseline and continue to use until skin is healed.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs, bicycling, lifting heavy weights or doing intense physical exercise for 5-6 days following the treatment.
- Refrain from sexual intercourse for at least a week after the treatment.
- Wear loose, cotton underwear.
- Avoid wearing panty hose and tight-fitting pants.
- If urination causes burning, pour water on it (to dilute the urine) it will cause less burning.
- If you feel discomfort you can use Dermoplast Pain Relieving spray.
We welcome your questions. Any concerns you may have will be discussed during your consultation. Please ask us any and all questions you can think of. We want you to feel absolutely safe and be reassured that this procedure is right for you.
Call 228-467-2555 for more information.